New TSC Salary Scale For Junior Secondary Revealed .The ministry of education together with Teachers Service Commission have been on toes to fix thousand of concerns from parents and tutors on who will handle the pioneer class of CBC curriculum in grade 7.
According to the latest circular the following categories of teachers will handle junior secondary schools.
1) Current Intern teachers in secondary schools will be deployed to approved junior secondary schools upon confirmation into permanent and Pensionable terms within the same counties.
2) All Primary school teachers with the following qualifications.
- Diploma and Degree in Special Needs Education
- Diploma and Degree in Early Childhood Development Education
- Diploma in Education (Primary option)
- Diploma in Education, Secondary option
- Degree in Education (Secondary option) but lacking C+ at KCSE or C+ in teaching subjects.
3) Newly Employed teachers in secondary schools and Primary school schools with the above qualifications.
MOE:Not All Primary Schools Are Fit To Host Junior Secondary
TSC Recruitment Interview Dates And Venues Per County 2023
Officers from the ministry of education and Teachers service commission have been directed by the president to assess both public and private primary schools .
The assessment is meant to identify schools which can domicile junior secondary.After the inspection,teachers employer will deploy teachers to those schools.
Deployment will be based on guidelines posted in TSC website.Where a teacher will be posted in areas he/she in needed most.
New TSC Salary Scale For Junior Secondary Revealed
Junior Secondary School Salary Scale
The teachers employer has revealed a new salary scale for teachers who will be employed in junior secondary schools to teach using the Competency Based Curriculum (CBC).
Job grade C2 are teachers who will be deployed to handle junior secondary school learners with a basic salary scale of Ksh. 34,955 and sh.43,694 while teachers in job grade C3 will have a salary scale of sh.43,154 to sh.53,943 per month.
In addition to basic salary are the following allowances;
- Commuter Allowances –Sh. 5,000
- House allowances –Sh 7,500
- Hardships allowances –Sh.10,900 (Only Applicable to those in hardship areas)
NOTE: House allowances vary depending on where you are located.
TSC Teachers House Allowance Per Job Group and Region
It should be noted ,Nairobi teachers receive the highest house allowances due to rising rent rates in the city.
However, municipality compensation varies from one town to another.
The table below shows how former municipalities are compensated depending on regions they’re found;
Updated TSC Qualifications for P1 Teachers to be Deployed to Junior Secondary Schools 2023
TSC To Confirm All Current Serving INTERNS Into P& P Terms
TSC’s New Secondary School Teacher Recruitment Scoresheet for 2023
Latest TSC Requirements for Appointing Primary Headteacher And Deputy Headteacher
Leave a Reply