Marketable Courses in Kenya.With a D+ or D in Kenyan Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) , high school graduates now have many options in courses to take in the TVET and Technical Training colleges.
Scoring a D or D+ does not mean you have failed your KCSE.
In fact, you can start with certificate courses and gradually move to the diploma and finally see yourself moving to a degree program in your area of study.
Here I will take you through courses you can do with D+ and D plain in our TVET and various technical institutions in the country.
MARKETABLE COURSES IN 2023.
Artisan certificate courses are basic level courses that can be done by primary school leavers or students with E or D- grades.
This level of courses produces skilled workers in specific trades (artisans) in modern world.
Craft courses are more advanced giving you crafted practical skills ready for the market or self-employment especially in the current hard times.
Craft certificate is the level of post-school courses that produce skilled technicians or craftsmen.
Here is the List of Courses You Can do With a D+, D or D- in KCSE.
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement (KUCCPS) allows students with D+ to apply for courses across various TVETS in the country.
Additionally, students with D plains can apply for the same courses directly in KNEC accredited institutions with a minimum of D plain in KCSE.
Most marketable Courses You Can Do with a D+
- Certificate/Craft in Automotive Engineering
- Craft Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option)
- Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Power Option)
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Telecommunication Option)
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering
- Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology (Power and Telecommunication Option)
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering Level Five (TVET-CDACC)
- Artisan in Electrical Wireman
- Certificate in Electrical Installation (TVET-CDACC)
- Certificate in Computer Servicing and Maintenance
- Certificate in Counselling Psychology
List of Courses You Can Do with a D in KCSE
- Certificate in Sells and Marketing
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Craft Certificate in Supply chain Management
- Certificate in Social Work and Community Development
- Craft in Secretarial Studies
- Craft in Storekeeping
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Certificate in Fashion Design and Garment Making
- ICT Technician
- Certificate in ICT
- Certificate in Baking Technology
- Certificate in Catering and Accommodation Operations
- Craft Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- Craft Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Technology (Telecommunication Option)
- Craft Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Craft Certificate in Nutrition and Dietetics
Marketable Courses You Can Do with a D- in KCSE
- Artisan in Electrical Installation
- Artisan in Baking Technology
- Artisan in Masonry
- Artisan in Plumbing
- Artisan in Carpentry and Joinery
- Artisan in Motor Vehicle Mechanics
- Artisan in Information Communication Technology
Marketable Courses in kenya.
Can I do Teaching Courses with a D+ plus in KCSE?
With latest guidelines, students wishing to study Diploma in education will need a C plain or C- unlike before when the minimum requirement was C+ in KCSE.
However, those seeking a certificate in education, also know as P1 will need a D+.
Leave a Reply