TSC online retirement.The Teacher Service Commission (TSC) has recently refuted claims going around that it has changed or revoked the retirement age of teachers.
According to the TSC spokesperson, the retirement age for teachers is still 65 years and no changes have been made.
Read Also: Inside TSC Salary Delays For The Newly Employed Teachers
The TSC has reminded teachers that they must adhere to the retirement age of 65 and that any other information being circulated is false.
This includes rumors about the retirement age being lowered or extended.
The TSC has urged teachers to be wary of such false information and to contact the TSC for any queries or clarifications.
The TSC has said that it remains committed to the welfare of teachers and will continue to provide them with safety and security.
The commission has also called on teachers to be responsible and keep updated with the latest information from the TSC.
TSC online retirement, Category of Teachers Set To Exit Teacher Service by the end of this year.
The teachers list below are in various categories and are scheduled to retire by the end of this month.
1. A two-year contract for school heads
A total of 1,025 school heads will be let go after their two-year contracts expire, according to the Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
After attaining the statutory retirement age in the year 2021, a total of 1,594 headteachers and principals were still working under contract with the Commission.
The school heads will be let go to make room for new promotions, according to Dr. Nancy Macharia, CEO of the Commission.
The TSC did keep a total of 569 school heads, and their contracts were extended through December 2023.
2) Regular educators who are past the age of mandatory retirement
By the end of this month, both school administrators and teachers who have reached the required retirement age will have left their positions.
Under government policy, public employees must retire voluntarily upon reaching 60 years of age.
To be eligible for this sort of retirement, one must have worked for a permanent and pensionable (PnP) establishment.
3) Teachers with disabilities who have reached retirement age
Teachers living with disabilities are retired at the age of 65 years in line with the Persons With Disabilities Act, 2003.
Both classroom teachers and school administrators living with disabilities but have attained the mandatory retirement age of 65 will leave the service this month.
Documents required by TSC for processing a teachers pension.
TSC online retirement.
Retiring teachers need to avail the following documents to TSC:
1. Duly filled TSC clearance certificate.
2. Two copies of bank plate both sides.
3. Two copies of national ID card both sides.
4. Duly completed option to commute pension form in duplicate.
5. Duly completed lump sum payment form (bank form).
6. Two copies each of all promotion letters/certificates.
7. The earliest copy of pay slip showing Women’s and Children’s Pensions Scheme (WCPS) deductions for male teachers.
8. Copies of marriage certificates/ affidavits to confirm names for married teachers whose documents have different names.
9. Teachers who served as Untrained Teachers to attach NSSF statement.
10. Two copies of KRA PIN certificate.
How to replace lost TSC certificate, how to change your names on TSC certificate, how to apply for duplicate TSC certificate
New TSC Guidelines for teachers Promotion 2023/2024
Leave a Reply